LOSS OF PRESSURE - ANXIOUS TIMES!

JSM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, any kind hearted soul out there who will be kind enough to take time to assist me.

I have a Baxi HE 133 Plus Condensing Combi Boiler which has just gone outside warranty (moved into a new home). Over the past month the pressure gauge has gradually dropped from the correct 1.5 bar to 1.0 and is now bordering on the 'red' danger area. I 'phoned Baxi for advice and they immediately said I must have a leak although they didn't seem confident. On this web-site I then read that a gradual loss of pressure was normal and that it may simply need re-pressurising.

Should I cry because I have a leak or be relieved that I just have to repressurise?

I think I have identified the silver filling loop which has a black knob at either side but I don't know which one to turn to repressurise.

Can anyone advise?

I fire this now out into the wide and wonderful in the hope that some kindly person has some time to assist.

Many, many thanks in anticipation ....

Sponsored Links
Hi,
first, repressurize the system. I guess you'll have to open both knobs as they are connecting sanitary water and central heating systems.
Then check for any leakage (drains, rads, pipework, etc....).
Even a tiny leak may cause pressure to fall down.
If pressure is still going down, then the expansion tank may be the cause.
Good luck
Stan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back