Potterton Lynx 2 Heating problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I Have a potterton Lynx 2 and having problems with the heating. I have had 3 people come out and look at it and they don\\\'t have a clue!!!
Hot water comes on, lights come on,turn hot water off the lights for the heating come on then after about 30 seconds it turns off again then sometimes the low pressure light comes on and then have to reset the boiler and the lights start up then it close down. Had 1 bloke come to have a look and pressure had dropped so he bleed the rads had heating for a while then it turned off again.It does not work on timed either so its on 24hr.
Any ideas??
Cheers :)
Rea.

:)

Sponsored Links
This seems to be a common fault on this model.

Unfortunately, if there is a single cause, I dont know for sure what it is.

At first sight it would seem to be a PCB fault but before changing such an expensive part everything else should be properly checked.

I am sorry that the three people you have had have not been able to find the fault. Sometimes the skill level leaves a lot to be desired.

I always say that anyone who will come on a no-fix, no-fee basis will either have a good chance of fixing it or will be over confident!

Tony Glazier

Hi. I have a lynx 2 and have had similar problems. Although I am not a plumber I am a bit of a fiddler, and always taking things to bits.

I have found that on this model the solderd joints on the back of the circuit baurd often get brittle, and cause problems. If you know anyone or even your self who is prepared to take the baurd out (much simpler than you think) and flex it a bit in all directions and then replace it. This has worked several times for me. I have also resoldered a few in the past although a bit fiddly. Sounds heath robinson but you might be amazed, and if it works for a while, you know it is the circuit baurd.

If you keep getting low pressure there must be a leak somewere. The pressure wants to be 1 bar on the dial.

Hope this helps Dean.

Sponsored Links
i was talikng to a insurance loss adjuster the other day and the talk got around to people soldering their PCB's in boilers he was singulary unimpressed and said that if this could be proved then any insurance cover you have would be null and void

I have no axe to grind and could not give a monkeys one way or the other just thought it was interesting as it tied up with our Public liability cover have an exception of repaired or reconitioned boards

pop a new one in its always best

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back