Installing chrome tile trim with quick drying adhesive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am tiling around my bath.

Just noticed that the tile place gave me rapid set adhesive (powdered, as tiles are 60 x 30cm).

Question is, I am going to have to tile the top row on all 3 sides before I can add the tile trim (to make sure the miters are nice and tight). Being rapid set, I don't think I will have time to tile all 3 sides before the adhesive starts to set. Once set, I won't be able to push the trim back plate behind the tiles.

I intend to try and make the cuts before mixing the adhesive so hopefully I may make it in time.

But, what if I don't, and the adhesive has set before I can push the tile rims into place?

Adhesive says once mixed it starts to go off within 30 mins. But, what about once on the wall? Does the reduce airflow increase this set time?

Sponsored Links
Rapid set on a wall in the summer may be a challenge. Even slow set will go off a fair bit quicker this time of year.

If I were you'd swap it for slow set and even then get all the cuts done before you mix and don't hang around.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back