Wired Up!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm living in France and struggling with the electrics. My house seems to have an old and new circuit, some fuses in boxes in the floor and some going back to a new style RCB type box. Apart from the mains switch tripping when we turn the oven on my main question is can I convert old (French) style 25 amp sockets to regular 13 amp outlets. Other niggling questions....does anyone know why most sockets don't have an earth? or why there is no visible live/neutral terminals on sockets or plugs? (so far I've been lucky and not blown anything up!)

Sponsored Links
Hi
You need to find a local Electrician.
You cannot convert to the English way as this would make your insurance null and void.
Your oven element is faulty and the more sensative trip switch has picked this up, there will be a earth leakage on the element possibly just damp which could be dried out.
The french did not bother with earth wires, they do now and are more stricter than english regs.
They do not recognise polarity though, which is strange, they get around this by having a double pole circiut breaker for every supply.
You need to find an Electrician.

You are right? I need to find an electrician, thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Back