Engineered Floors - confused

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Can I have recommendations for places to purchase good quality oak engineered flooring please? I google, and come up with so many options I thought it was worth asking for recommendations..!

Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
V4 is up there as the best in the uk
Also kahrs.

They are about the only 2 I do. Both top quality and good to fit.

Thanks - hadn't heard of V4 before.

Everything seems to be made in China these days, is there a UK or European manufacturer or must I submit my hard earned to the far east?

Have ordered a box of oak 190mm wide, 15mm thick with a 4mm wear layer. Sample looks well made, 7 layers of ply with 4mm oak on top. Approx £40 psqm inc vat and delivery. Have ordered samples of junckers and k4 to compare against.

K4 and the one i've ordered are made in China. Supplier told me they are not FSC certified so can't show logo, but assure me the wood is FSC. Guess I should expect to see an FSC logo on the box, with cert number? When it arrives.

Is engineered oak from China capable of good quality these days? I've seen plenty of don't touch with a bargepole comments here and elsewhere.

Anything else I should check for? Am laying on elastilon, most likely.

Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
So can chinese boards be good quality, or should I avoid? I ordered a box and two of the planks are bowed, but I understand this is quite common.

Also is it ok to lay a 190mm wide board as a floating configuration in a room which is 7x5.5m, on solid concrete, or would glue be better?

Thanks
Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back