Installing a new kitchen!!

Sponsored Links
Red_Stafford

The amount of people who have asked that is unbeleivable :)

If you take a trip down to your local B&Q warehouse ( may have it in the normal stores) You will find it.

It is a kind of laminate flooring for ceillings. Available in White ash ( what i have) Maple, And light oak...

Think my ceilling worked out about £150 and its 10x10...

Hope that helps....

Mick Leek said:
Think my ceilling worked out about £150 and its 10x10

That is not bad I think I will have to take a trip to B&Q and investigate.

It finishes your kitchen off makes it look very clean and bright. Is it hard to install the down lights too ?

No, lights were a doddle BUT only if you have a bit of knowledge with electrics...

I would advise to get a spark in if you are unsure. Also be aware it is a special zone so notifiable to your BCO, and comes under the new part P

Mick

Sponsored Links
Mick Leek said:
No, lights were a doddle BUT only if you have a bit of knowledge with electrics...

I would advise to get a spark in if you are unsure. Also be aware it is a special zone so notifiable to your BCO, and comes under the new part P

Mick

No I no nothing about electrics so would have to get a sparky in I bit that would be quite expensive, about yor roof laminating I couldnt find them on the B&Q website might have to pop up and have a look in the store the weekend

LOL, I hate the B&Q website

It is one of the most useless things i have ever tried to navigate. Half the products they stock arent listed on that site....

You will find the ceiling stuff up near the internal doors and wood section...

Around two years ago, I planned our new kitchen and had a number of quotes for the complete package of items. Eventually, we went to Ikea and, they were extremely helpful. They have a downloadable CAD program which was the complete answer, allowing me to experiment with many layout variations. I stripped the old kitchen completely and laid a new, tile effect, laminate floor. Ikea's delivery consisted of 94 seperate packages/items and there was not a single item wrong or missing. The wall mounted glass fronted cabinets came with their own substantial fixings, together with very complete instructions. I cannot speak too highly of the service and quality of product, which I received from this Company

Hi Watchmaker,

Once went to ikea and got lost inside. :eek:

I do like some of their products, but to be honest, the only reason i used B&Q is because they are 2 mins from where i live.

AdrianB said:
Do you mind me asking what MFI quoted to fit?
What difference would it make? They're still sh*t.

Here's an extract from a letter I once sent to MFI, shortly before I sued them, which was shortly before they settled my claim:

[code:1]The outline of the entire order is as follows.

74 sale items were ordered on 30th January 2002;
8 items arrived with damage;
31 component parts were incorrect or missing;
4 redelivered parts contained faults.

Rectifying all of these problems has entailed the following work:

80 telephone calls to your service centre and customer services;
2 visits to my local branch of MFI;
6 deliveries to my home.
2 extra visits by my fitters;
1 day of work by my partner.

In addition to the fitters’ extra work, my partner has spent 5 hours fitting 24 pairs of handle ferrules that were initially missing and further time assembling the drawer inserts that were delivered late.

Whenever boxes arrived with evident damage, the couriers stated that the damage occurred before leaving the warehouse, and they have showed no interest in either reporting or rectifying the problem.

At the time of writing two doors have cosmetic defects that I don’t have the time or energy to report to your service centre because of the time it takes to get through.

For your information, I enclose a list of the majority of my telephone calls and the dates of all reported faults.
[/code:1]

Have to agree, MFI are tat.... I'm sure someone could come up with the REAL meaning of MFI

M =
F =
I =

I will give a FREE bottle of Lancashire air to the person with the best answer..

That's if i havent broken any forum rules by posting this competition :confused:

Milton Furniture Industries or something isnt it?

Made
For
Idiots

:LOL: ;)

And Yorkshire air is nicer ;)

More
F**king
Inconvenience

But to be fair I did buy a kitchen of them and it was fine apart from the free laminate flooring I got which was damaged but was quickly sorted out when I went to the shop to tell them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back