key fob/alarm/

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
anyone know how to improve the range from the key fob to the alarm wire [arial ] its a sparkright alarm.
ive tried extending the arial wire and winding it round the harness but no difference . at the moment i have to be about 2 mtrs near it to set it . its not life threatning but i would be gratefull for any advice [ helpfull sort ] lol./ regards.r.r.

Sponsored Links
first thing i done breezer, even same thing with spare fob, no change , still its usually the thing staring us in the face ./
it did work from much further away , so maybe its old age , i thought i might phone em up but then they will say send it in etc, not worth the hassle or cost after all it does work. cheers anyway. r.r.

alarm fobs at our shop only work when they are held about 6 inches from the panel :eek:

Sponsored Links
Has it always been the same? or has it been getting worse?
If its always been like it, it may depend on the location of the reciever.

You might get it to work from further away by holding the fob to your head and pressing it - this was shown a while back on TV - might have been Top Gear, using a remote key fob for central locking - works on both my cars, not sure on the health risks though.

oops i forgot i was in the cars section yesterday when i made that post!!! :oops: :LOL: :oops: :LOL:

i did post a reply/update yesterday but cant see it on here ./
anyway my lad had a look at it and found water was getting into the alarm where wires go in back of it , so he took it off and dried it out with a hairdryer and repositioned the wires so it couldnt do it again./ it had allways been ok./ but some work had been done nr the bulkhead and the wires had been moved slightly , the rain was going into grill at top as normal and just catching 1 wire and then running down into back of alarm./ anyway its working ok again now .
as for putting fob next to one,s head i havent tried that / my lad said he had seen it somewhere , only it was point it at your eye ? . ill let him try that :) . thanks for all replys . cheers. r.r.

Sponsored Links
Back