FCU Location?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Our council are revamping our kitchens at the moment and we have got a cooker hood on order from a local stockist. We asked if they would put a Switched FCU in for the hood and they agreed.

Heres the bind, first fix is done on the cooker wall, but it looks like the guys have put the mounting box for it 50cm from the floor BEHIND the gas cooker and gas hob. "I think they think it will be mounted in the oven :LOL:".

There is NOO way I going to allow a flex 3" away from lit gas rings!

Now the question is this can they, under the new regs for kitchens, move that mounting to 50cm down from the ceiling which would place the fcu just above the top edge of the cooker hood?

BTW, cooker hood is recirculating type.

Your thoughts please.

TIA
Andy

Sponsored Links
You seem to know what you want...ask the electricians that are doing the install if they have understood what you were asking of them.

In my opinion I do not know why they have installed it so low down...maybe they thought you where asking for a low level cooker point / FCU for a single fan assisted oven....

That is most likely what they thought, I didnt think of that with the oven being gas.

The Site manager is calling monday morning, I will get her to make relevant alterations.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Regards
Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back