Floor Tiling Virgin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am just about to tile my en-suite floor (2m x 2m minus shower cubicle) so quite a small area. I am planning to remove the WC and basin, leaving me with a blank canvas.

I have purchased ceramic tiles and have been putting off the job for weeks now. I have a few queries:

1) The tiles in the shop virtually butted up against each other (I liked this effect) is this going to cause me a problem. How do I grout between them?

2) The house is two years old and hence has the chipboard flooring. What do I need to put on top of this?

3) If I take the WC out and move the height of the toilet up then is this going to cause me a problem? It may be compounded by the fact that the waste pipe goes through a tiled wall and hence has very no movement (any ideas)

4) Do I start with a full tile at the entrance?

Cheers

LJ

Sponsored Links
as i understand it you should cover the floor with marine ply, screw it down every 6 inches (stops it moving) although alkward i would leave the toilet there, since you will have tiles and timber height to raise toilet, cistern inlet pipe. besides unless you have good ame how are you going to "go" with no loo?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back