Mixer shower valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You can spend a hellofalot of money on these. What are the key features to consider in making a choice? Does anyone know.trust the mfgr \\\'Architeckt\\\' or something to that effect?

Sponsored Links
Mira are considered the best and you can get kits to fit very old Mira showers They have just brought out a dogs b0110cks version with pretty things n stuff

It's horses and courses for me though. Whats the point of having a shower that will last you 20 + years when you might get sick of looking at it in 5

At the other end of the scale Lidl are selling one for £15 if you are quick enough to get one and these will chuck water out of the shower head and are guaranteed for 3 years.

To buy 10 of these and change them every 3 years will cost about a third of the Mira equivalent and keep you wet for 30 years+!!!

Thanks for the information. I will check out Lidl later today. As you say, if it chucks out water it does the trick. It is only for the In-Laws anway and at their age they could care less if it massages, mists, vibrating heads, etc. The father in law would just call it all black magic anyway!!!

I will have to get the saying about the eagles and slugs etched on my gravestone - me all over.

Mick of Nebraska said:
Thanks for the information. I will check out Lidl later today. .
Not on sale until Thursday.I just went in to Liddles ;) Do the showers pass water faster than you can Jimmy Liddle :?:

Sponsored Links
If ur on mains pressure hot & cold a cheap mixer will be fine. if ur on a tank fed supply then a lot of cheap mixers r not suitable. U need to what system u have & make sure the valve u buy is compatible.

This is a combi system and it has been suggested that the best option for the old folks is a thermostatically controlled valve which simply puts the cost up again. I am told B&Q have one for about £100 all in. Any comments on this one anybody?

Mick of Nebraska said:
I am told B&Q have one for about £100 all in. Any comments on this one anybody?

Yes....... It is 6.6 times more expensive than THIS thermostatic shower :!:
And oops I was wrong about the guarantee It says 5 years on that link

A friend gave me a page from the Sun yesterday showing these valves, taps, etc. Gonna go buy three this weekend and stick it on the pipes. Cannot go wrong at 15 Quid!!!!! One fails, simply replace it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back