Replacement Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a gainsborough energy 2000x shower and when I last used it there was a bad burning smell and the shower stopped working. I am assuming something has burnt out and I will need a new shower. I was planning on just getting the same shower but it comes in different wattages, I dont know what the one I have is, but does it make a difference or can I just get any wattage? :confused:

Sponsored Links
It depends on:

The size of the cable

The length of the cable

The rating of the fuse/MCB

It depends on:

The size of the cable

The length of the cable

The rating of the fuse/MCB

Thanks for the quick reply, I have no idea what any of those things are, would I be best getting an electrician to check this? I had thought that it would simply be a case of getting any shower and getting someone to fit it for me, I probably shouldnt just go ahead and buy one then?

Sponsored Links
You get 2 years guarantee with those showers (european law) you might have to push a bit but we got our one replaced by one of their engineers. Called the helpline he came out and replaced the unit.

Worth a try,

Kev

ebee said:
Definately not.
Get a pro
And if it's an old 6mm² cable consider having it replaced with 10mm² so that you can fit a more powerful shower....

ban-all-sheds said:
ebee said:
Definately not.
Get a pro
And if it's an old 6mm² cable consider having it replaced with 10mm² so that you can fit a more powerful shower....

That is assuming the service they have is capable of handling an uprated shower. Most newer services will be able too, but if he lives in an old cottage or something similar, then he may only have a small 40-80A service. I would hope any professional he gets in would advise him on this point though, and perhaps be able to help in getting his ADN provider to upgrade his service to one which can suppoprt the larger shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back