AEG Lavamat 74620 update problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My AEG 74620 packed up & gave a C9 fault indication. It turned out to simply be the motor brushes that needed replacing. The (non) AEG engineer that I used, checked things over & there was nothing else faulty. The circuit board hadn't blown - everything was fine. However, he couldn't clear the C9 error display on the front to enable the machine to work again. Any suggestions please? My guess is that there is a comination of buttons to be pressed on the front of the machine, which will reset it. Surprise, surprise, those awfully nice people at the AEG Service Force Centre, are not wanting to enlighten me. I think they would like me to spend £65 on a call out. I'd rather not.

Sponsored Links
I managed to obtain the required information, but I can't tell you how! However, it's not how I obtained the info that's the issue, it's what the info was that's important. Try this:-
Hold in the Pre-wash & soaking buttons TOGETHER, whilst at the same time, turn the knob clockwise from the OFF position, to "Short Spin" Now, I can't remember if I let the two buttons go at this point (you'll have to try both letting them go, or holding them in) but you should then turn the knob anti-clockwise to "energy saving" Somewhere along the line the control panel lights up like a Christmas tree and the door release clicks. Switch your machine off and then back on again, and it should have cleared and you'll be up and running.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back