POTTERTON LYNX 2 PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guy's looking for a little help here.

Potty Lynx2, follow up job from my call out guy, needs new divertor valve he says.

Anyway tested boiler and C/H - secondary flow switch was not making in c/h mode. Replaced flowswitch but no difference, noticed it works perfect when in DHW mode tested both flow switches and both ok.

ok, called tech helpline advised pump replacement as when bridged out boiler runs, changed pump still nothing.

Now all the rads heat except 1 with has residual heat nothing else pretty cold/cool compared to the rest, tested system for turbidity and passed ok no cloudy water etc but still think there may be a blockage??

anyway I cant quite figure out the problem and boiler will fire until Dirertor valve fully switches to C/H position then it cuts out. Tried replacing divertor valve against my judgement and still nothing again.

any ideas as when i bridge out the flow switch it runs and all rads except 1 heat, didnt think 1 blocked rad could cause the poor circulation and stop the flow switch making ???

Sponsored Links
just a guess. Dont deal with this model very often.

Flow switch operates h/water, and if bypasing it allows your rads to get hot you have a divertor problem.

And yes....the lynx2 has a wax capsule.

Sponsored Links
Soggy_weetabix said:
just a guess. Dont deal with this model very often.

Flow switch operates h/water, and if bypasing it allows your rads to get hot you have a divertor problem.

And yes....the lynx2 has a wax capsule.

I can assure you the lynx 2 does not have a wax capsule ...

Well if im wrong, I hold my hands up, and apologise whole heartidly!

David

I dont understand all this!

The Lynx 2 has a flow swith which is required to operate in both CH and DHW mode.

There is a conventional diverter but no wax stat! ( Thats in the Puma! )

Tony

Agile said:
I dont understand all this!

The Lynx 2 has a flow swith which is required to operate in both CH and DHW mode.

There is a conventional diverter but no wax stat! ( Thats in the Puma! )

Tony

Tony ignore the wax capsule bit, this is not the problem as you know it doesnt have one... I didnt say it had, someoent else wrongly thought this was the problem, read my first post on this mate for the problem..

If the pump is OK then I would expect a blockage somewhere.

I would drain the boiler and look at the isolation valves underneath !!!

Tony

Agile said:
If the pump is OK then I would expect a blockage somewhere.

I would drain the boiler and look at the isolation valves underneath !!!

Tony

thats what I thought mate... The return isolation valve is ok though as the filling loop is underneath and i removed the flowswith and opened to see the flow and it was ok, which leaves the only the flow isolation valve although i think this is ok as it hasnt been touched .... a blockage further up the sytem as only other options left.. real stinker of a job this one has turned out, puzzling thing is how every rad except 1 heats up when the flow is bridged .
if the flow was that bad i would have expected more probs at rhe rads..

The flow switch is designed to be non linear.

You need 90% of the rated flow to operate it.

Rads will still heat with 20% flow!

The blockage can be anywhere in the CH circuit. Its just the restriction in the isolation valves makes them a first suspect.

Tony

Agile said:
The flow switch is designed to be non linear.

You need 90% of the rated flow to operate it.

Rads will still heat with 20% flow!

The blockage can be anywhere in the CH circuit. Its just the restriction in the isolation valves makes them a first suspect.

Tony

Tony... thanks...

will update when i solve issue which im now 100% its a bloackage

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back