What concrete mix . . . . . . . . ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of a strange question perhaps but I want to make concrete plant pot feet made from an old cake tin, the one that hols about 12 small cakes. I have building sand and concrete and my first attempt created well shaped concrete feet but which were far too crumbly. I need a mix that will make em rock hard. Can anyone tell me what mix and ratio I should be using?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
you say you have building sand and concrete...

I assume you mean you have building sand and cement?

Also how big are they in actual mm rather than in cake sizes?

You should use a very coarse sand or a very fine gravel ideally 6mm but you might get away with 10mm.

2 small sand or small gravel

2 sand

1 cement

Thank you. Yes, my apologies, I do mean cement not concrete. The molds are approx 7cm wide by 3cm deep. It's the gravel I'm missing.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
if they are only 30mm deep you may be better using very coarse sand or 6mm grit. 10mm stone is a tiny bit big when you compare it to the overall thickness. You should never have an aggregate size more than 1/4 or the overall thickness.

b&q may sell slap dash which is for rendering and should be very fine stone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back