No Heating but Hot water OK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Vaillant Combi about 7-8 years old. It has been playing up with the heating not coming on with the timer. Hot water is leaking slowly out of the overflow. The hot water alsways works but now the heating will not come on. The boiler is the right pressure, I have tried draining and re-topping up. Re-lit the pilot and it keeps trying to fire up the heating then stops again. If I turn the main heating switch off then on again the pump is constantly running even with the heating off and no hot water triggered. Any ideas as its rather cold?

Sponsored Links
It sounds like an earlier 242 with dirt in the system preventing the flow switch working. The dirt is also causing the PRV to leak.

I would advise that you get a professiojnal who is famaliar with that model to deal with all the problem aspects. It could be that the system might need power flushing. Ignoring problems can make the damage worse!

Tony Glazier

Hi guys, hey Simmo I've got the exact same problem you describe on the same Valiant Combi (hot water but no CH) and minor leaking from the pressure relief valve.

How did you resolve yours? what repairs or replacements were required?

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back