Wiring cooker socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hope someone can help as I am having a new cooker delivered tomorrow! There used to be a combined cooker switch and socket on the wall but this was changed to a double socket when we had gas. Now we are going back to electric cooking and I have bought a combined cooker/socket to replace the double socket. I connected the wires which were previously connected to the wall socket to the terminals marked \\\'Load 240V\\\' and the blanked off wires to the terminals marked \\\'Feed 45A\\\'. However when I switched on the cooker neon was on even though the switch was off and the socket doesn\\\'t work.
Have I connected the two lots of wire the wrong way? Would appreciate any help!

Sponsored Links
feed should be connected to the incoming

load should be connected to the outgoing (cooker in your case)

thanks breezer. Looks like I mixed them up. I thought load would be in and feed out.

Sponsored Links
Working perfectly now. Just gotta cut the worktop to make the new cooker fit now!
Thanks again for your help. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back