Installing a new rad in conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys I've just a new conservatory built and I've fitted the radiator and run the new pipes from rad through house wall ready to tee off existing rad in the kitchen.
My question to you guys is this.
I have trvs fitted on both the new rad and the existing kitchen rad do I have to connect the pipe from the new trv to the same pipe with existing trv ??
If that makes sense ??
In laymans terms does it matter what pipe from new rad connects to pipes on old rad??

Sponsored Links
It doesn't matter as long as the TRVs are bi-directional, which most are nowadays anyway.

Some trvs are bi-directional eg: 2 arrows on the trv valve body. Some only have 1. If there is only 1 arrow you will need to make sure that this is connected to the flow (which ever pipe get hot first) and not the return.
If the existing valve your connecting to is bidirectional, and you use bidirectional valve no need to worrie.

Happy new year.

Hi guys I've just a new conservatory built and I've fitted the radiator and run the new pipes from rad through house wall ready to tee off existing rad in the kitchen.
Did you know that, to comply with Building Regs, a conservatory has to be on a separate circuit with separate time and temperature control?

Sponsored Links
I was aware of the building regs regarding installing radiators in conservatories yes....( I ignored them tho)....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back