Misbehaving Bosch WFF2000 - help req before wife gets me.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Bosch WFF2000 washing machine that is misbehaving.

Sometimes it does not finish the program properly and the door light flashes.

This time it hasnt drained properly. Last time it did this it was a Chupa Chup lolly stick jamming the drain pump. But I cannot see anything jamming the drain pump this time.

What sort of things can I start to look at?

TIA C.T. :confused:

Sponsored Links
what happens if you lay the waste hose on the floor? (only for a second or two) if nothing happens then the pump or filter is blocked, if loads of water comes out your pump has gone

Our WFF2000 w/m was also intermittently not draining - hence not spinning. It turned out the sealed nylon bush on the drain pump motor spindle was worn. You can check this by removing the large front drain plug at the bottom and feeling the amount of 'wiggle' (ie more than 1mm) at the pump blades (REMEMBER TO SWITCH OFF FIRST and BEWARE THAT DIRTY WATER MAY COME GUSHING OUT!!). You can also check using a plastic/wooden utensil to move the pump blade a half turn during a drain (end of spin/wash cycle) and it should start spinning with power on. Problem can be fixed by forking out $50+ for a new pump... or for a few dollars just go down to a fastners/fixings supplier and find a brass or nylon bush to slide over the motor spindle and into the nylon bush casing(gently prise the pump blade off first after removing the drain pump assy). After reassembly, throw in some w/m calcium cleaner and run the machine on an intensive/high water lvl/pre-wash high temp cycle to clear out the dust n' cobwebs before using it again.

mod

moved as in WRONG forum

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back