Worcester 24CDI not giving hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone give me a bit of guidense. I have the above boiler and when I switch the hot water on the unit kicks in but I only get a bit of hot water then it runs cold. CH side of it works fine.
Iv been reading round and someone mentioned the water divert valve could this not be working and it is only allowing the CH to work correctly?
If someone can spread a bit of light on this for me? (By all means if I'm speaking cr*p then just say!) :(

Sponsored Links
feel the central heating flow pipe with the system off
if it starts getting hot when you run the hot water suspect the diverter

its on the right behind the panel

if you watch it whilse somebody turns the hot tap on there is a plunger on it that should move

Diverter valve is moving if the boiler comes on, but not diverting the water. So, suspect is sludge/scale in the DV, which will also be infesting the domestic HW heat exchanger. Both are cleanable. You probably have the stuff throughout your system, so just cleaning the boiler bits once (which will not be a quick job) will be a stopgap measure.

You could try getting the whole system clean, or just do the above and put a filter/magnetic grot-catcher in the return pipe.

Depends how long it has taken to get to where it is.

Thanks for the advice will turn the heating off and let it cool down and try that later.
The DV is it easy to change and expensive?

Sponsored Links
ChrisR.... what in your opinion is the best way to clean a plate heat ex that has magnetite/sludge deposits. I usually stick a new one on but would be interested to find out a decent method of removing the deposits.

Ta

goooba769 said:
Thanks for the advice will turn the heating off and let it cool down and try that later.
The DV is it easy to change and expensive?
in a word no its not an easy change, i would consider myself a professional and had one to do today, because of san unforseen problem it took me about an hour.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back