Ceramic over Marley tiles - which adhesive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I\\\'ve just renovated our dining room and want to lay a ceramic floor, and remember how hard it was to remove marley tiles in the past in another room.

The existing Marleys are firmly secured to the concrete floor below and I want to tile straight over them - which adhesive would be best, and do I need to scratch/key the floor first (or any other preparation).

Thanks,

bb

Sponsored Links
I just had an answer from Unibond, so if anyone else needs to know how to do this here is what you need - Unibond Tile on Floors Ceramic Adhesive for Asphalt Floors (20kg bag covers 8m square). You will also need to use a flexible grout with this adhesive.

I will try this at the weekend and see how it goes, but its got to be easier than when I lifted (chipped up in small sherds) a whole Marley floor last year.

bb

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back