No heat in the French Alps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My rads are cold in my apartment in the French Alps. The local heating guy has looked at the system and cannot find a way to add water to the system. Is this possible?

Sponsored Links
And zee boiler eeeezz?
'aave youu lurked for zee filling lurrp? Eet eez a flexible (can't do zis arrrrtrageous accent aneemore) connection between the mains and the heating system, usually close to the pressure gauge. It may even be incorporated into the (base of the) boiler.

Should have moved somewhere warmer.:cool:

Sponsored Links
Sealed system, thanks for clearing that up. The other thing that had the heating guy puzzled was the lack of a pressure gauge; lots of sighing and scratching of head ensued. his conclusion is that I need an entire new system.

Well done on the accent, I almost could not understand you.

The boiler is fueled using mazout/fioul; oil in the english speaking world. It's a Gianola made in Thonon and is quite old (30 plus years)

pfrank...where are you?, if you happen to be in the three valleys I could pop round and have a look for you next week. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back