Potterton Lynx 2 Boiler Problems - Help Required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Potterton Lynx 2 Bolier which has been working fine until the last week.

When we try and put the central heating on or put the hot water tap on the water heating, demand and ignition lights on the boiler all come on but the flame does not kick in leaving the boiler trying to light the flame until it times out and all the lights go off. I have tried reseting the boiler numerous times but the same thing just keeps happening over and over again.

On the rare occassion the flame does light but it does not stay on long before it cuts out again.

This has left us with no hot water or central heating in the house.

Any help on the matter would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you ever had it serviced in accordance with the manufacturers instructions.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I've had somebody around today to have a look at it and they think its the motherboard which is faulty so hopefully they are coming back tomorrow to replace it with another.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back