Hot water cylinder/ shower pump / overflow issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys I posted earlier about my shower pump that won't turn off but now I think I have other issues that may be related.
I've had the issue of my hot water cylinder not turning off all night last night ( basically I could hear water flow noise from the airing cupboard all night)
I also noticed that the water in the cylinder was cold where the stat is (about a third up from the bottom) yet the top pipe was hot?.
Also there's the issue with my shower pump that happened yesterday too where it will not turn off by itself after I shut the taps off,also I have water dripping from the overflow pipe coming from the water tank in the loft...
Is this all coincidence that the 3 things are happening together or 3 separate issues????

Sponsored Links
You have mains water back feeding into your cylinder, you will have to isolate the hot supply at every tap where hot water and cold mains meet until you find whatever one is passing.

Could a dripping kitchen mixer tap be the issue??
Might sound a silly question but the tap started dripping recently and has got worse over the last few days, it's no longer a simple drip every fewseconds but a constant drip??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back