Vokera Linea 24 - will not reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a problem with this boiler. On Friday, my wife smelt gas, so caled Transco. They told her to turn off the gas to the house and not to switch anything on or off etc. After a while the boiler (which was still on, started making some noise, (I guess it was starting to heat up). She then turned off the boiler. Transco came out and gave our house the all clear (turns out that next door left a cooker switch on). When she went to turn on the boiler again, it didn\\\'t light, and it displayed an 01 error code. In response to this code she reset the boiler, but it still would not light. We have tried resetting a number of times, to no avail. A plumber we know suggested the \\\"Differential Switch\\\" may not be working and may need replacing. I wonder if anyone can offer any advice on whether this is likely or not, as I would like to avoid getting parts fitted if they are not going to resolve the problem. Any suggestions would be very welcome. Many Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Very common problemn with those symptoms is the shaft of the selector broken. It passes through one pcb to the other where it turns a switch. If broken it turns and all seems well but doesn't operate the switch on the second pcb.

Fixing it requires replacement selector knob (such a common problem everyone stocks them) undoing pcb protective cover removing edge connectors and both levels of pcb.

Be warned the edge connector with the power on it can be put back the wrong way which makes the board live. Take picture first if you are attempting self fix.

Sponsored Links
You were exactly right Paul, it was the shaft of the selector switch. Thanks for your help, this save me a lot of money - Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back