Bosch Dishwasher - Lower spray arm - solved

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, My 4 year old Bosch Dishwasher has stopped washing soiled items placed in the bottom rack - the top rack is fine. One obvious thing to check is than the spinny plastic arm is not blocked, and is still spinning - well its not blocked (can blow through it) but am not totally sure its spinning. Anyone got any thoughts?

EDIT

Following helpful posts, I am now sure that the top spray arm spins, the lower doesnt, despite water coming out of the lower arm, and a nice fountain coming out of the hole where the spray arm sits when the spray arm is removed. Anyone any ideas?

Sponsored Links
To tell if spinning, line it up with the front of the machine, put machine onto rince, then have a look to see if the arm has moved. Do it 2/3 times to be certain.

Sponsored Links
Sorted - I think - Despite me thinking that the lower spray arm was clear, very close investigation revealed a tiny piece of extreme nastiness lurking in the spray arm and presumably only getting close enought to the end hole to be visible or cause an issue when the machine was on. Poking with a cocktail stick while running the tap through the arm seems to have sorted the issue - spray arm now visibly moving. Most impressed that this was enough too ruin operation of machine, but now hopefully back in business. Husband had most thoroughly checked srm already - just goes to show!

Hi, My 4 year old Bosch Dishwasher has stopped washing soiled items placed in the bottom rack - the top rack is fine. One obvious thing to check is than the spinny plastic arm is not blocked, and is still spinning - well its not blocked (can blow through it) but am not totally sure its spinning. Anyone got any thoughts?

EDIT

Following helpful posts, I am now sure that the top spray arm spins, the lower doesnt, despite water coming out of the lower arm, and a nice fountain coming out of the hole where the spray arm sits when the spray arm is removed. Anyone any ideas?

Have just had the same thing,3d printed a door catch so I can watch inside of the machine while it's running. Don't know if you are still interested ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back