Baxi Solo 2 ignition problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Baxi Solo 2 has stopped self-igniting.

It does everything it is supposed to but the electrode does not seem to generate a spark to ignite the pilot.

I know the pilot works because it can be lit manually and then everything is fine.

I have replaced the electrode and pilot hood, I know there is power to the electrode (because I've checked) but it will still not spark.

Any ideas?

Dave

Sponsored Links
HT lead or connection? go right back to the board and employ a paperclip... should be able to get a spark to earth

davethewolf said:
My Baxi Solo 2 has stopped self-igniting....
.....I have replaced the electrode and pilot hood, I know there is power to the electrode (because I've checked) but it will still not spark.

Dave, how did you check the power to the electrode? You may have checked the flame ionisation voltage after the pilot has lit, so the PCB may "think" the flame is already lit. Either way it all points to the PCB failing :cry:

Sponsored Links
I checked it with an electrical screwdiver (just to check a current) at the electrode blade connector/cable connection outside the combustion box

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back