Noisy Vaillant Sine VCW 18/25

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help - My CH system intermittently makes noises in the pipe work when ever the CH switches on and also makes a sort of grinding sound when you shut the hot water tap - but this noise only happens if the CH is not running. I've bled all the system and put in some noise reducing inhibitors which have not resolved anything.

Sponsored Links
If it's the model I'm thinking of there is a manual air bleed at the top of the heat exchanger on the left hand side. Letting air out here might help.

Sounds like the diverter valve might be generating the noise. May need cleaning or replacing.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice, will try ASAP - some how the system seemed a lot quieter today....

I have a vaillant eco-tec pro 28 (not even a year old) and it does the same thing.
I've got vaillant round on Monday so I'll post back with their findings.
It is a horrible grinding sound isn't it. it doesn't sound right.
I've had a few combi's in my time and have never heard them do that.
I've heard the diverter moving but not grinding!

I've had them look at it before but the muppet that came round said it sounded ok. The problem is that at the boiler it doesn't sound too bad, but it vibrates throught the pipes, so when your below the boiler (its on the 1st floor of 3) it sounds horrendous.
Now, I don't think I should put up with that.

This is what a Vaillant engineer said

"Yep they all do that" "Its the motors doing a diagnostic check switching from hot water to heating and back"

Not really a good enough answer as obviously theres a massive design floor if this makes the pipe work rattle.

No Joy I'm afraid.
Vaillant tech support is pants.
I've had them out 3 times to replace a timer, and they have never supplied it even though its on order.
Cowboys in my opinion, maybe different in your area. mine are from rochester.

Has anyone had this problem before?
I can't seem to get Vaillant to acknowledge there's a problem.

I can here the piezo motors then the grinding.
IT AINT RIGHT I'M TELLING YO!

As we used to explain to disgruntled customers in my previous occupation (software) its not a design floor (flaw) its an undocumented feature :D

Diverter valve has been modified - early ones would jam - swollen balls :cry:

Perhaps your installer used dodgy chemicals and motor head is straining to shift ball back and forward - easy to check for.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back