fridge light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Took over a friend's fridge (Osprey larder fridge) and found the fridge light not working, so naturally bought new bulb. Still not working. Took working bulb from another fridge just to check and... no good.

Disconnected the two wires to the door switch and connected them together to see if the switch is faulty. Still no light.

The fridge itself is fine - motor running, gets cold, and turns itself on/off as expected.

Could it be the wiring within the thermostat? Or.... suggestions?

Sponsored Links
If it is an ES or SES type lamp then it is more likely to be the side terminal of the lamp holder that is not making contact with the bulb. Have you checked there is voltage at the lampholder ?

Thanks. No. I assume I'd need some special tool to check that (as opposed to just sticking my finger in............)?

You would need a meter to check the voltage. You could just lever out the side terminal slightly, not so much as it comes above the threads in the holder, with a small implement, but make sure the power is off when doing that. I gather it is a screw in lamp then?

Sponsored Links
Many thanks. Yes, levering out the side connector fixed it. I now have two un-needed bulbs for sale!

Your welcome, glad you got it sorted. Sorry don't need any lamps :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back