Ocean Combi

P

plr

I own a flat that is rented out to a chap. The boiler (Ocean) pressure is always going down and there is a constant drip every 20 seconds or so. Any idea what this could be? it was given seal of approval by a plumber when the chap moved in.

Thanks

Paul

Sponsored Links
It could be leaking from anywhere on the boiler.....I suspect though with it being a regular drip its on the mains side. This is a poorly designed boiler which over-uses 'o rijng seals', could be just an o ring to change but from experiience if you change 1 the others start to leak and to re o ring the whole boiler takes 2-3 hours.

They are quite antiqated now and Id recomend thinking about replacing it.

Sponsored Links
The chap you think gave it a "seal of approval" probably did a Gas Safety Check which is exactly that!

The boiler is probably leaking on the right hand side where the diverter valve is located. If the pressure is going down then its likely to be the primary circuit. As you have been told its an old boiler and its unlikely that you will find anyone honest to fix it.

Landlords become landlords to make money and unfortunately that usually means avoiding any expenditure on updating properties.

Its ripe for a replacement and that will probably cost a months rent!!!

Tony

Is ten years old for a boiler? I guess it must be. It actually looks like a quite a new one in comparrison with the one at my place!

Ok, thanks for you rhelp guys. I will saw off a limb to sell.

paul.

If it does need to be replaced, what would be a realistic figure?

Its a one bedroom flat, about 10 years old.

Thanks again,

Paul.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back