trunking? for ariel/cat5 cables

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what would i use to protect ariel/cat5 cables that have to be rendered/plastered over. they are on bare brick/block.

I have seen some cable covers in srewfix that are like a u channel with wings that you can cover elctrical cables with.

are they ok for ariel/cat5 cables?. and how do you secure them i do not like the thought of drilling and rawplugs.

how far from the electical cables should i run them though a stud wall to avoid interferance?.

does anyone know where i can get some chrome networking sockets cheap?. about 5.

thanks

Sponsored Links
I advise the use of conduit, will allow the cables to be replaced should technology advance, etc

what would i use to protect ariel/cat5 cables that have to be rendered/plastered over. they are on bare brick/block.
pretty much anything. altho oval conduit might give better protection
I have seen some cable covers in srewfix that are like a u channel with wings that you can cover elctrical cables with.
its called capping. you could use it
are they ok for ariel/cat5 cables?. and how do you secure them i do not like the thought of drilling and rawplugs.
put nails in alongside the capping, and hammer them over onto the flat part of the capping
how far from the electical cables should i run them though a stud wall to avoid interferance?.
as far a poss, but id say at least 30cm
does anyone know where i can get some chrome networking sockets cheap?. about 5.
try an electrical wholesaler
thanks

Be aware that if they are rendered over, one day someone will put a nail through them.

Sponsored Links
andy said:
as far a poss, but id say at least 30cm

Signal cable shouldn't be any closer than 50mm (or 5cm) from electrical cable, after that it doesn't matter too much unless you've got some very sensitive signals or high voltage electrical cables.

markvirgo said:
thanks for the replys. conduit it is then.

have you a pipe vice and di, to put the fittings on?

you cant leave conduit with rough ends, and plastic conduit gives no protection from nails

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back