Vokera Linea 24 Error Code 06

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi..
I have a Vokera Linea 24 Combination boiler which is displaying error code 6.
The water gets hot if you run it slow enough, however there is no flow through the central heating unless you are running the tap.
I have tried resetting the system and it works ok for about a minute before it locks out again.
Had a CORGI registered engineer out to look at it, he fiddled around underneath then telephoned Vokera technical support who says its a sensor, he says he needs to order a part and quotes me £170 to repair it (oh and £50 for the call out thanks very much).
Now this seemed overly excessive to me for a sensor, so I telephoned Vokera customer service, who confirmed that they are certain that it is a sensor and a replacement should cost around £16 and can be fit in around 20 seconds. Unfortunately they cannot tell me what sensor it is because I am not corgi registered (even though they tell me the sensor has nothing to do with the gas).
Can anybody help by supplying a code number for this part, advice on how hard it is to fit and possibly some servicing/ manufacture instructions.

Any help would be much appreciated

Steve

Sponsored Links
dhw sensor part number 8484. easy to fit but fiddly to get a 13mm spanner in.
I'll come and do it for £160 :D

weargas said:
dhw sensor part number 8484. easy to fit but fiddly to get a 13mm spanner in.
I'll come and do it for £160 :D

Thanks weargas for the speady response,

Whereabouts on the boiler is it located?

Thanks for the quote as well, but I think i'll give you a miss an all :D

Why not get a manual for you boiler, could save you a lot of money.

Sponsored Links
Last one I did I removed the gas valve first, which makes it a corgi job. As I didn't have to try any other way, I couldn't tell you if it can be done without removing gas valve, might be doable.

It is a wet situation so most people do a full drain down, as once you've isolated the boiler you then face loss of p[ressure through the operate them once repent at leisure isolation valves in the modern combi.

I do them wet, translation of that is, have new one ready in one hand with ally gasket ring jetblued ready, remove old one and whack in new one with calm grace and speed. You get a horisontal jet of water fired straight at you during the time you are gracefully performing the changeover.

If boiler is in nicely carpeted room and customer make you takle boots off, this option doesn't belong to you.

Part is 10 quid or so.

We would charge £84 plus £13 for the part.

But you would have to bring your boiler to London for that. It would also include a service check.

Tony

Jobs a good un !!!!!! :D :D

Thanks weargas i've found where it is located, your help has been much appreciated.

Many thanks also to you Paul for your advice.

I managed to empty the system by turning the water off and releasing the water in the system by way of the pressure release valve which kept the spillage to a drip.

Didn't touch the gas valve but getting a spanner in was a mare, in the end i cut an old 13mm down to about 2 1/2" in length which meant i could get in on one side.

However it was all worth the effort, £12.48 for the part including VAT & delivery, took around 30 mins in all to fit (including the time spent dismantling the fixed cupboard the boiler is in), in the end saved a small fortune.

Again thanks to everyone who helped... :D

One last thing to all the plumbers/ heating engineers out there, shame on you, the prices i were quoted to do this job were outrageous (£90 - £170), by my reckoning thats about £160 an hour labour minimum, my lawyer doesn't charge that much......

To all the decent plumbers/ heating engineers out there who charge a fair price for their services, I am of course not referring to you, just them that take advantage and they know who they are. :mad: :mad: :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back