moving washing machine to garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

I hope that some of you knowledgeable people can offer me some advice.

I'm about to run an extension pipe from my kitchen out to a detatched garage so that I can move the washing machine in order to make way for a dishwasher.
As the pipe will be going outdoors what would be the best type of pipe to use for this and what type of lagging would be best.

The other question is, would it be a good idea to connect the drain to the downpipe of a rainwater gutter? If not, where is the best place to connect it and how might I recognise it.

I hope these questions are not to vague

Cheers

Ivan

Sponsored Links
IvanW said:
I'm about to run an extension pipe from my kitchen out to a detatched garage so that I can move the washing machine in order to make way for a dishwasher.
As the pipe will be going outdoors what would be the best type of pipe to use for this
20mm MDPE.
IvanW said:
...and what type of lagging would be best.
Three feet of earth above it.

IvanW said:
The other question is, would it be a good idea to connect the drain to the downpipe of a rainwater gutter?
No. Rainwater is often dispersed away from the main sewer, and into a local water course, which is an inappropriate destination for your soapy water.

IvanW said:
If not, where is the best place to connect it and how might I recognise it.
Best connect it to a correctly sized and water trapped waste pipe, that leads to a drain, that leads to your foul waste, that leads to the main sewer.

I am considering buying a house where I would like to do the same thing. The problem is we would have to take up concrete to do so and run to the garage about 3m away. I would prob only run a cold water pipe and have a cold water fed machine.

How much can I expect to pay a plumber in the SE to do this?

Sponsored Links
By asking a new question on an old subject you're hijacking the topic.

Please create a new topic for your new question.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back