Connecting new WC waste pipe to existing Lead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fitting a new bathroom suite which is fairly simple but I am struggling to decide how to connect the 4" waste from the loo to the existing lead pipe protruding from wall is there some type of flange or coupling available

Sponsored Links
go to a plumber's merchant and and ask for a WC pan connector. You can get them in various shapes and sizes. you may need one with a smaller diameter to fit into the lead pipe

first time on the site, thanks for the quick response, if I push in one of the staggered rib style connectors which I have seen and presumed were for std 4" pipe will I need to seal with silicone or a similar substance as well

Usually they seal alone. After pushing them well home fill around with plumber's mate. (that is the original sticky stuff like white tak, not the small tubes of namesake sold in sheds which is a two pack epoxy leak sealer that is supposed to work under water.

Sponsored Links
Multiquick make them for odd size pipes.but usually not stocked -only common sizes :cry: and I can`t find info on the web.BUT it`s multiquick you need ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back