ink in leather

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know how to remove an ink stain from a leather chair? Thanks~

Sponsored Links
Hair spray supposedly works well for ink stains on clothing.

(Cuz inks are often alcohol based (so that they dry quick) and hair spray contains alcohol (so that it dries quick, too)).

If you don't have any rubbing alcohol, try spraying some hair spray onto the spot and dabbing it with a white tissue. If the tissue starts to turn the same color as the ink, then you're making progress.

Nestor_Kelebay said:
If the tissue starts to turn the same color as the ink, then you're making progress.
But if you wanted coloured tissues, can't you just buy them like that?

Hermes:

On this side of the pond, most people just prefer to buy the white ones so that they can color them any color they want. I'm got a few boxes of facial tissues soaking in green food coloring that I'll be hanging up to dry today. ;)

Sponsored Links
Hair spray worked incredibly well off my red leather bar stools!!
Gentle strokes in one direction at a time with multiple sprays. My kids helped me out and their dad will never know !!

Hairspray works wonders..i read it on here yestaerday, went out and bought the cheapest tesco make and also an expensive make too just so i could let you guys know if they both work..as long as they are alcohol based they work brilliant!

My son scribbled ink on every seat on my leather sofas, it was there for about a year.. thought i would have to throw them away, now they are like brand new sofas, i am selling them on ebay!!..was even considering keeping them, but decided to get a different colour now.

HAIRSPRAY THATS ALL YOU NEED. CHEAP ONE WORKS BRILLIANT

I couldn't believe it - got huge inks marks on my leather sofa which was less than 2 months old. I tried all the potions that came with the suite, but to no avail BUT THE HAIRSPRAY WAS BRILLIANT! This site has just saved me from committing murder. THANK YOU SO MUCH to the person who 1st suggested hairpray.

Doesn’t it leave the sofa stiff, sticky and slightly flammable? I've tried cleaning our cream soft leather sofa with baby wipes (on recommendation) but it never really seems to work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back