tiling a step

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am tiling my bathroom floor which is on two levels. The two levels are separeated by a 4 inch step which has a three curves. My question is - what do I put along the edge of the step to protect the edge of the tiles bearing in mind it has to be flexible to take account of the curves?

Sponsored Links
Financeman:

Phone around to the tile wholesalers in your area and ask them if you can flip through their Schluter catalogue to see what Schluter offers on tiling a curved step. They probably have lots of different options. Also, any company that has a Schluter catalogue will order from Schluter, and they'll tell you who you can order it from if they won't sell to you directly.

Or else, see if Google can find Schluter's web site, and see if they have an online catalogue you can snoop around in.

Schluter is to tiling accessories what Microsoft is to software. Schluter has brushed and polished rigid and bendable metal edges meant for counter tops and steps in brass and steel.

You might spend a bit more buying a Schluter accessory, but you're getting a product designed to solve exactly the particular tiling problem you're facing, and as a result, you end up getting a better tiling job because you don't have to rely on tiling experience you don't got.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back