Potterton Lynx air flow switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me if the air flow switch in the potterton Lynx, (not lynx 2)
can be substituted for the one in the Lynx 2.

The part number for the original is 300303, and for the Lynx2 642218.

I am having trouble finding a spare of the original, and wondered if the latter could be substituted. Its presumably doing the same job.

Is it a valid test to bypass the switch in order to prove if its faulty of not?

Its a long story but the Gas board (3 star) have been out to look several times, and have changed boards several times. Now they are saying its the
air flow switch which "we cant get anymore so it looks like a new boiler"
I think their trained to say that because its the first thing that say when they walk in. :evil:

Funny thing though is that the boiler works just fine if the cover is off and the PCB panel is lowered.
Once the panel is raised and the cover is on, it stops working again within 30 mins. Just cycling on and off constantly.

So, my money is on a bad connection or broken wire.

I'm going fit a new boiler in the summer, (probably and Alpha CDI85) unless anyone has any horror stories, but I need to get the Lynx going again as I'm out of the country for three weeks in Turin, and my wife is freezing back in blighty.

Any help and advice would be appreciated. :(

Steve

Sponsored Links
It isn't the same at all.
And your fault is unlikely to be the air flow sensor, more probably one of the connectors on the wires which go to it.
But if you do need one, they are available secondhand.

ChrisR,

Thanks. I agree with you, I think its a wiring connection. Canu give me any leads on where I can obtain a switch "just in case".

thanks

Air flow sensors are now obsolete. Try getting the wires and the connectors from the air flow sensor to the molex plug changed.

Sponsored Links
if it works when the panel is lowered it is a poor connection between the boards. Make sure all the screws are tight and then you're looking at more new boards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back