Vokera draindown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vokera Linea Max floorstanding in our basement. I need to drain down the CH system to replace TRV\\\'s, but can\\\'t find a drain cock on the boiler. The filling loop is connected at both ends, and there\\\'s a \\\"dummy\\\" unused pipe connected to the front plate next to the filling / inlet valve. This pipe exits externally, so I\\\'m guessing it\\\'s for drain, and that I need to swap the filling loop over to that at one end, before opening some valve to drain out. Question is - at which end do I disconnect the filling loop braided hose - at the inlet valve end, or at the other end (with the black square cock on it)?

Sponsored Links
Just a quick question why dont you just valve a rad off whip it out and drain down through one of the legs once the rad is out the way?

Prof...

it's a big system (12 rads), and draining down through a rad leg will involve a lot of bowls of water, and potential carpet disaster!

Bones....

dunno why I'd need to disconnect the filling loop - that's why I'm asking you guys! Can't see any other way of draining from the boiler :?:

Sponsored Links
There should be a FAQ on this....

Close both valves on lowest rad. Loosen one of the nuts holding valve onto rad, open bleed valve and drain contents of just the rad into a paint-tray or whatever. This is the bit requiring care to avoid Black on Beige! If possible, loosen valve on tail and turn it slightly away from rad. Otherwise disconnect valve at other end and lift rad off wall. Fix on a stump of 15mm copper using an adaptor (could be a spare rad tail and a 0.5 female iron to compression fitting, or a compression nut and olive, or ... depending on valve type. Or (if desperate) you could dig the tail out of the rad and use the female iron adaptation. Fit hose onto copper pipe. Turn on valve and drain system through hose.

Before re-filling system, curse installer some more and fit drainoff on rad leg where it sohuld have been in the first place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back