neff oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a neff circotherm fan oven w gas hob. I think it keeps blowing the downstairs sockets - but cannot find out how or where it is wired into the electric circuit - will this be behind the oven and require removal ? thanks :oops:

Sponsored Links
most probably.

if you don't know exactly what you're doing it's time for a spark.

lilac,

If you are sure it's your nef, give them a call. Im my experience they are a top company and even if it's outside of warranty, but not too old, they may send out an engineer to help, free of charge, (but check first)

am not entirely sure its the neff but it always seem to happen when I'm cooking. Interesting though, it only started in december too. Weird tripping or should that be wired tripping ? Had the wiring done throughout 6 years ago - finding a spark not easy (on by budget!)
thanks anyway ;)

Sponsored Links
What exactly is tripping? does the switch that trips have a test button on it, and say "RCD" or "RCCD" or RCCB" on it? If so, the heating elements in the oven may be knackered. This would cause this intermittent tripping. Just needs new elements. Worth getting a spark or domestic appliance service guy to check this.

Very good point from Crafty. Please go and make a note of what's written on the thing that keeps tripping, and tell us.

If you were getting an overload, then it shouldn't be the oven alone. Look and see if it is connected with a 13Amp plug. If it is, look and see if it has a 13Amp fuse in it, not anything else. If it doesn't have a 13Amp plug, does the flex go into quite a large plastic outlet on the wall, and is there a large Cooker switch to turn it on?

Do you have electric heaters running off the same ring, and/or a dishwasher, tumble drier, washing machine at the same time the circuit trips?

It's the RCD

I had the house rewired @ 5-6 years ago - the wylex box has no cooker fuse and I do not remember the electrician removing the cooker so its possible I will find a plug socket behind it - who knows. The electrician did certify the wiring as safe

However, I have now got a 18 month old double oven grill (new world) and wonder if anyone could give me a clue -

1) Is it now illegal to alter electrics yourself as I have heard that new regulations are coming in
2) If I do not have a cooker fuse (in the box) and I have to have to have a 'spur' installed from there across a 5ft (width) kitchen and a box installed to wire in the oven - what sort of (I KNow -approx) quote would I be looking at

thanks.

I had a similar experience. My oven had a recurring problem with the element but even after a big wrangle with the customer services department manager I couldn't get an exchange.

It was only just out of warranty but they were very straight forward in saying that I am only covered for the 2 years.

Having said that, I have bought another one as I have all the same appliances in my kitchen so can't mix up the brands.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back