One odd radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have one oddly-behaving radiator in my bedroom. The rest of the radiators in the house, both upstairs and down, work fine but the one in the bedroom (a 'double one', just like all the others) seems to heat up then just cool down again - which isn't great when its trying to heat the biggest room in the house! The pipe leading to the radiator is hot (when the heatings on of course) but the rest of the radiator stays cool (sometimes the 'back' radiator is a little warmer but not overly so). I've tried bleeding it but no air comes out, only water. Any handy hints or suggestions are very gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
Check that both valves are open it sounds like the water is getting to the rad then stopping so a blockge of the return has occured (rad valve shut on return side)

try shutting down most of the other rads to see if it improves.

Sponsored Links
thanks all of you, it was the valves at the side! It appears that the plastic 'knob' (for want of a better word) had been swapped over before we moved in so we have been turning the radiator 'on' at the wrong end (the 'out' pipe) all the time! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back