dishwasher no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dishwasher is not getting any hot water into it. What is the problem? The cold water is okay and the hot water comes out of the kitchen faucet fine.

Sponsored Links
Dishwashers are usually cold water fed only. Usually have heating element in them which may be broken.

geogiraffe said:
My dishwasher is not getting any hot water into it. What is the problem? The cold water is okay and the hot water comes out of the kitchen faucet fine.

My dishwasher is cold-fed only and is not generating any hot water. I thought the heater may be broken, but I checked it and the resistance across it was correct - 26 ohms. However, it is connected in series with two safety thermostats, oneof which I found to be broken and so there is no circuit through the heater. The problem was caused when I had water supply problems and the heater was activated dry - the heater seems to have survived but the thermostat not.

Does anyone know how to reset this? I suspect that it is cheap to replace but appears to be only accessible if I remove the washer from the fittted kitchen - quite a task.

the stat was doing its job, as you said the only way to get it out will be to take the d/w out from the kitchen quite a task, that's the joy of intergrated appliances

Sponsored Links
I have now solved the problem - after taking the appliance out of its surrounding, I took off the RH side panel and found the combined safety thermostat - it was plugged into the sump. Although it didn't look too accessible, I noticed that it had a reset button on it. On pressing it, the circuit was complete again and the dishwasher now works fine.

Its a Hotpoint BF50 so I hope this post can help anyone whose washer provides no hot water and on which the heater element is working.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back