Central Heatng problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a glowworm boiler Fuelsaver MKII. I believe that I have a sealed system. There is a Flamco Expansion vessel attached.

I recently removed a couple of radiators for redecorating. I have replaced one of them. the other is still off.

The pressure guage is showing between 0 and a quater - I think it should read about 2 - 3

I have tried removing air from the radiator by bleeding them. I have tried to add water to the system by turning on the valve near the expansion unit. When I do this - water evacuates the system from what seems to look like an overflow pipe situated outside.

The heating system goes on for a couple of minutes and then goes off - basically I have no hot water at all. Help!!!

Sponsored Links
You turned the wrong knob!
Look for the system's filling loop - within sight of the pressure gauge. Chrome thing with a braided flexible bit of pipe. The flexy bit should really have been removed but they rarely are. There will be a tap at one end or both, of the filling loop, possibly screwdriver operated.

Set the pressure to 1 bar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back