Connection of a new electric cooker - any idea of cost?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - some help please.
I have had my house rewired completely and had the wiring put in for an electric cooker at the same time. I am now getting rid of my gas cooker and have got a new electric one. Am about to phone round to get someone to connect this up which i assume will be a very quick job as eveything is ready and its just a connection - can anyone advise of a price for this?
Thanks for your help.

please see forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
if your confident, DIY. not much too it.

get at least 3 quotes. usually, the middle quote is the best to go with

peewee62 said:
I am now getting rid of my gas cooker and have got a new electric one..
why? have you ever cooked on an electric hob top? you will regret the change.

crafty1289 said:
peewee62 said:
I am now getting rid of my gas cooker and have got a new electric one..
why? have you ever cooked on an electric hob top? you will regret the change.

Agree, but if his wife's mum had an electric cooker she will be convinced that she needs one too.

Gas hob + electric fan oven is the best IMHO (except you getter a better skin on a rice pudding with a gas oven, and it seems to consume the cooking smells).

Sponsored Links
how long does it take to clean a gas hob vs ceramic? and ceramic are faster heating than gas though slower cooling i admit.

Ceramic faster heating???? How long does it take for a flame to get hot in your house? :D :D ;)

JohnD said:
Ceramic faster heating???? How long does it take for a flame to get hot in your house? :D :D ;)

if using heating oil, 28 seconds :LOL:

our ceramic hob is about 6-7 years old. There are round pan marks on it that will not come off. It is glass, it is going to get these sort of marks. In my opinion, gas is better for cleaning: you can get it really clean. ceramic develops these horrible stains on the glass tops.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back