cold rads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,got a three story house the two rads on the ground floor are cold. I`ve shut all the other rads off and they heat up very slowly and when I attempt to balance the system they go cold again!
Its been power flushed and has a new pump.I put the vent pipe into some water and it sucked it up!! is that right??
Any info would be appreciated. thanks.

Sponsored Links
Pulling air in so cold feed & expansion are in wrong place relative to pump or if it is piped up (as a cross vented "h" system) suspect blockage in cold feed

Sponsored Links
thanks for the suggestions. after it was flushed 6-8 weeks ago everything seemed ok and the all of a sudden the rads went cold??seems like somethings gone awol??

follow up....
all rads are permantly cool now and I have just discovered that the hot water pipe coming from the back boiler is red hot going into a "pot" with three other pipes leaving it (one going to the pump) and they are all much cooler than the pipe feeding them.
Could it be blocked?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back