barlo duo no hot water?????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can point me in the right direction. After some recent building work the boiler has been refitted before its removal no problems but now no hot water diaphragm is fine the pin works the micro switchs okay the relay switchs fine i can not bleed any air from any of the nipples just running water so presume not a air problem? the burners ignit but nothing gets hot? any clues thanks for any help i have been scratching my head for a while now and found the site whilst trying to look for clues.

Sponsored Links
Would you like to describe a few of the essential system components?

The boiler make and model, for example?

Hello the cover is marked with barlo duo which i have found reference to on goggle linking it to halstead although no longer. I have looked all over and can find no more detail apart from a plate with a type face which makes it impossible to decipher i am afraid apart from italy which dispels the halstead theory. Sorry not to be able to help any more. Andy

apart from italy which dispels the halstead theory
I think some Halstead boilers were actually made in Italy (Sime-Halstead??)- a search on this forum should turn up details.

P.S. I found it difficult to understand your post since as you don't use full stops. Since you're asking us to go to the trouble of helping you, perhaps you could go to the trouble of writing in sentences?

PPS did a little Google and Halstead marketed the Barlo Duo.

Sponsored Links
andy.f said:
Hello the cover is marked with barlo duo...
I apologise unreservedly - I didn't read the topic title properly.

I believe this is a Halstead appliance, but I don't have any information on it.

Could you read the topic at the top of the Plumbing forum and post some more details about your system? Whether or not this boiler is a combi would be of particular interest :)

<edited: oh b*gger - just noticed chrishutt's post>

Thanks for everyones replys.
It is a combi and despite the bad comments you see relating to some of the Halstead products i must say that it has never let me down.
I only wish i had not had to remove it in the first place, it always seems the way as soon as you disturbe something it goes wrong.

I also have this problem.
The gas was turned off due to a hob fitting and now can't ignite the pilot...
The model is a BARLO DUO and there is a link to an exploded view here...

http://www.halsteadboilers.co.uk/pdfs/Barloduo/Duo.pdf

Any clues on how to ignite the pilot anyone?

Also, this is getting a bit old now so may replace it. Can anyone recomend a good registered fitter in Surrey?

Thanks
Chris

guest999 said:
Also, this is getting a bit old
Just like the topic that you're hijacking!

It would better to create a new topic with your separate problem - the forum rules also stipulate this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back