Whirlpool DUL300, won\\\'t start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a ~2 year old Whirlpool model DUL300. A couple of nights ago it stopped in the middle of a wash and has not worked since. There is a little water (maybe 1-2cm) left in the bottom of the unit.

Symptoms: None of the buttons on the control panel do anything. No lights, no response. Even the \\\"Cancel: drains immediately\\\" button doesn\\\'t have any response.

What I\\\'ve checked: 1) the power is fine, no circuits tripped, another load on the same outlet works fine. 2) The door is properly shut. 3) Removed power for a few minutes to see if the motor needed to \\\"reset\\\" itself. 4) Water supply is fine, no kinks in input hoses. 5) Drain line: I can only see so much of it, but appears to be fine from what I can see. 6) Removed the lower spray arm and wash module on the bottom-inside of the machine to see if anything was jammed in there. Nothing apparent.

Any ideas? Is my motor burned out? Could the control module itself have become disconnected within the door?

- Derek

Sponsored Links
Make sure you check the wire connections are good under the dishwasher in the junction box. Also, this particular model has a thermal fuse inside the control panel that would possibly give the same "dead dishwasher" symtoms that you have stated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back