Puma 80e - low pressure/high pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Can anyone out there help me with my boiler problem? I have a potterton puma 80e. Over a period of a few of months, the boiler loses pressure and I need to re pressurise it to make it work - this has been ongoing for about a couple of years and has always managed to solve the problem. Anyway, on Tuesday of this week, it was re pressurised to about 1.2 bar. Over the past couple of days, when on the pressure rises to about 3.2 max which I know is too high (should it cut out before this point?). Does anyone know why this could be. I have no sign of any leaks although some pipes are underground. I don\\\'t know if this makes a difference but for the past year one of my radiators does not get hot. All help appreciated!! Thanks

Sponsored Links
Check the filling loop isn't "letting by" - in other words disconnect one end. If your pressure relief pipe is dripping it may have consequences...see "boiler pressure problems" in the FAQ section.

Have you checked if the expansion vessel has given up the ghost?

If you remove the little cap from the expansion vessel at the rear of the boiler, press the nipple, if you get water out, the vessel is gone, if you get air, all's well.

Be warned, changing this expansion vessel is a pig of a job on this boiler, and make sure you tighten the flexible connector on the vessel, as I am sick fed up of returning to boilers where others have failed to do this, and suffer nightmares because of others inability of doing jobs correctly.

If it is the EV, then you could leave the faulty one alone and fit a new one in a different (and easy to reach) location.

Sponsored Links
befor you replace expansion vessal most times this is caused by the connecting pipe from vessal to boiler blocking up de pressure vessal remove and clean pipe recharge vessal & refill

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back