star/delta line current formulas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
right i haven't calculated any thing like this for ages and cant remember how to do it so if any one could let me know id be grateful :LOL:

ps im british living in Australia so no jokes about the rugby

Sponsored Links
Whew, time to dust off the old textbook and double check the finer points. Assuming a balanced system:

The current in one leg of your star is equal to the current in two legs of your delta.
I(an) = I(ab) + I(ac)

The line to neutral voltage of your star is equal to the line to line voltage of your delta divided by the square root of three and phase shifted -30 degrees.
V(an) = V(ab)/sqrt(3) and phase shifted -30º

The impedance in your star is equal to the impedance in your delta divided by three.
Z(star) = Z(delta)/3

I apologize for the American standard notation. Do you call your phases R, S, and T instead of A, B, and C?

three phases L1, L2, L3 or red yellow blue in england havent found out what there called in AU yet

wow thats a lot to take in but thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back