I hope someone can help with this:
What we have:
- Triton Opal electric shower 9.5kW
- Fed from mains cold water
- About 1 year old
- Was working fine (would be wouldn't it
- In the last week worked fine and then after about 5mins, it would just stop (water flow) and the low pressure light would come on.
- Now no water will flow at all, when its turned on and you press one of the buttons (1,2 or 3) it flicks straight away to light up "low pressure".
- Had a bit of a look inside and cannot see anything instantly wrong. From feeling the outside casing the heating element seems to be trying (i.e. gets warm) but the auto shut off to stop it from damaging its self kicks in. I assume because of no / too low flow.
I can only think that maybe the inlet filter is blocked (still to look at) or the solenoid valve assy is broken (ie. not letting water in when it should). Or its something else.
Does anyone have any ideas? doyou think the filter is the best place to start? I have search this forum as best as i can and found similar issues, (thats where I found out about the filter - checked instructions and it does have one)
Any ideas / suggestions would be great. Any other info needed that i can supply?