No water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Changed the water inlet valve but still no water. Machine seems to miss the cycle to fill with water. What's up?

Sponsored Links
Looks like you didn't get any replies. I'm working on a similar problem right now (330 pm EST 21 Aug).

The inlet solenoid opens for the correct time (90sec), but dishwasher seems to not get full enough (nowhere near emergency shutoff float actuation). The spray is very weak, won't spin the lower arm or even deliver any water to upper arm. If I add a half gallon of water manually, I get lots of pressure and spray, but the machine seems to automatically evacuate the extra water within a few seconds.

I thought maybe there's a clog in the inlet line (discharge of the inlet solenoid valve).

Have you learned anything?

Is the drain hose brought up well above the normal water level in the dishwasher? - if not then the machine will be unable to maintain the correct water level, as the water will simply flow out the drain.
Even if the drain is at floor level, you need to bring a loop of drain hose up to approx worktop height.

It was a timer problem but yours sounds like a valve problem. I didn't get any water where you are getting some.

Sponsored Links
There's a float that determines water level on the floor of my dishwasher and a little plastic ring got caught under it preventing water from coming in. I paid a repairman $40 to come take it out for me:(

I am also having the same problem with my Kitchen Aid. No water coming in at all. Can anyone help.

Check the water supply valve first to see if there is power going to it . If there isn't it is probably your timer. If there is power going to it, change the valve.Both are fairly easy repairs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back