Glowworm Compact 80 Pulsating heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I\\\'ve got a glowworm Compact 80 which has just had the following new parts fitted.

PCB
Therminsters
Overheat Stat
Fan

I had a previous problem where the boiler would run for about an hour then just cut out. Helpfully I was given the answer on here...seems that it was just a cse of turning one of the pots down on the PCB. Has worked fine ever since, appart from the hot water. It now runs very hot and then to cold, to hot to coled etc etc...you get then pic. Anyonce got any ideas ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Usually its a blocked secondary heat exchanger.

Seems somebody has been having a party changing expensive parts for a laugh!

Tony

Its ok, was all on the british gas service contract. The laugh is on them as they didnt have a clue what was wrong with it.

Fault was resolved by an adjustment of a dial on the PCB. Was wondering if there was a smiliar one that may need adjusting for the HW ?

Can anything be done with a blocked heat exchanger. I've got no noise, and the boiler is only about 5 years old.

Sponsored Links
When the new pcb was fit did the engineer set up the gas pressures on it for dhw,ch and ignition. If not it could be under/over gassed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back